Vantage Resources conducted a study in collaboration with UCD Smurfit Business School to determine the trends in the growing IT staffing and jobs market.
We at Vantage Resources feel that these trends are set to continue into 2016 and would be of interest to you when determining your IT staffing requirements for the year ahead.
We examined the key trends in the areas of availability of staff, technical skill sets, financial restraints around recruitment and the logistics of making a new hire:
- 87% of medium and 92% of large companies who were surveyed will hire IT staff this year
- Increase in demand for IT employees has increased over the last 5 years for 86% of companies
- There are a number of specialist technical skills in high demand such as Java (and related skills E.G Hibernate, Spring, AngularJS etc), .Net (and related skills Asp, C#, Biztalk etc) and Mobile Technology
- Technical skills that are less in demand include Data Analytics experience, ERP systems experience, Business Analysis and Project Management
- 53% of SME companies surveyed have used an agency for IT staff requirements
- Recruitment and IT Staffing Agencies are the preferred choice for larger companies (88% medium and 83% of large companies have used an agency)
- Use of agencies is due to limited time available (36%), calibre of candidates (31%) and network of agency (35%)
- Communication, quality of candidates, competitive price and understanding of the role are the company’s main requirements when choosing an IT recruitment company
- Price is not considered a deciding factor in changing agency, only 10% of those surveyed would change agency due to issues over cost
- 78% take no longer than a month to complete the hiring process
Should you wish to expand your IT team and expertise please do get in touch with us at Vantage Resources. We have dedicated Account Managers and a team of Senior Recruitment Consultants who specialise in recruiting in very niche areas of IT such as Java Developers, Software Testers, ITIL Project Managers etc. Please contact our Business Development Manager, Jason McNeill at email@example.com to arrange a meeting or phone call around your IT recruitment needs for 2016. We would be delighted to help you expand your team and business.