Every day, thousands of people write and publish blogs for numerous reasons; to market and advertise their business or product, provide advice, to discuss current events, gossip, fashion, sport, to highlight certain issues…the list goes on and on. Some people have even been successful enough to become full time bloggers. Blogging has come under scrutiny recently, however, as the Advertising Standards Authority of Ireland released guidelines to align Ireland’s blogging standards with those in the UK and US.
The rules follow those introduced in the UK two years ago, after complaints were made about a number of videos made by popular vloggers that were not disclosed as paid advertisements. So while it can be a lucrative business plan, you need to make sure you know about the legislation and general guidelines around it in order to make it a success. If you’re thinking of starting a blog for your business or just for yourself, below are some good websites to check out!
- https://wordpress.com/ – create your blog for free!
- http://www.rightmixmarketing.com/right-mix-blog/blogging-statistics-2015/ – some stats to consider for business blogging
- http://writtent.com/blog/9-data-driven-blog-writing-tips/ – tips for writing business blogs
- http://www.writing.ie/resources/a-beginners-guide-to-blogging-setting-up-your-blog/ – beginners guide
- http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/fash-mob/2012/06/25/how-to-succeed-in-blogging-25-tips-from-beaut-ie-co-founder-kirstie-mcdermott/ – how to become a successful blogger
Here at Vantage Resources, we provide frequent blog entries on all things IT and tech jobs related so make sure to check our blog as you build yours!
Posted by: Aoife Conway, Senior Recruitment Consultant.
Image credit: https://www.flickr.com/photos/luc/